Gordon Mink Bio
Born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia. Gordon attended Douglas College and participated on the Men’s Golf Team for three years. Gordon was a member of the 1974 Provincial Championship team and was Medallist Runner-up for the same year. Golf has played a major role in Gordon’s life and in 1994 became his profession. He moved to Kingston, Ontario in 2000 to further his career as a Golf Professional and Golf coach.
Gordon has had many successes as a player. These include being a semi finalist in the 1993 Ontario Match Play Championship. As a professional Gordon finished 5th in the 1996 Ontario Assistants Championship, 9th in the 1997 Ontario Assistants Championship, and 12th in the 1997 Ontario PGA Championship.
Gordon’s passion is coaching. He has worked with and been influenced by many of the top instructors. He places strong emphasis on fundamentals and having a superior short game. To the effect, he has worked with Jeff Warne, Master Instructor with the Jim McLean Golf School in Miami Florida and instructors from the Dave Pelz Short Game School. He has also worked with well-known instructors Jim Flick, Hank Haney, Bill Forrest and Chuck Hogan. Gordon was a contributing instructor for the Kingston & District Ladies Competitive Training Program from 2000 to 2004.
- Over 45 years of golfing experience
- PGA of Canada Professional since 1994
- Ontario Assistant of the Year 1996
- Nominated for Junior Leader Ottawa Valley 2002
- PGA of BC Professional Development Program Top 100 Professional 2014 to 2019
- PGA of BC Professional Development Award – Lower Mainland Region 2017 & 2019
- 2019 PGA of BC Dunc Sutherland Distinguished Service Award
- BodiTrak Golf Ground Mechanics Certified
- SuperSpeed Level Three Certified
- Certified Club Fitter
Gordon returned to Vancouver in 2011 to continue his passion for coaching in his home city. Gordon continues to play competitive golf and added the 2014 PGA of BC Super Seniors Championship to his accomplishments. He also continues to upgrade his education by continuing to attend seminars, webinars and certification programs to benefit his athletes.